How Viruses Spread and Why Air Purifiers Can Help
What Air Filtration Systems Can Do To Reduce Virus Particles
Most viruses spread via person-to-person contact, and most often through the air (coughs, sneezes, etc.), according to the CDC. Water vapor attached to the virus particles are carried in small droplets that move in a fine mist. The main symptom of most respiratory viruses is coughing, which just further adds to the chances that the air could be contaminated with virus particles.
One of the main reliable ways to remove these virus particles from the air is to circulate all of the air in a room or enclosed space, and to do this multiple times per hour. This increases the likelihood that a filter can catch the virus particles and remove them from the total volume of the air.
Air Filtration Is Just One Part of Prevention
Air purifiers aren’t the only preventive measure you can take to lower the chances of catching a virus. Keeping distance from someone thought to have a virus is necessary to lower the chances of breathing in virus particles. Also, keeping your hands clean and surfaces clean is an important part of keeping yourself safe from catching a virus. Taking one, or more of these preventive measures can drastically decrease your chances of catching an airborne virus.
Official Preventative Guidelines Given By The CDC
According to the CDC, here are the top seven ways to protect yourself from viruses every day:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
If you are interested in installing an Air Purifier in your home, please contact us on our website or give us a call.